Wednesday 25 August 2010

One week in


Its hard to believe that around this time last week I jumped on a plane for 7 hours to go to a place where I knew nobody, to a university I had never seen, to live for 10 months with only stuff packed in a suitcase, to live with people who I had never met, to a place where there is no irn bru, potato scones, real chips or sausage and finally to a country which at times I really really dont agree with.

But it has been "mega awesome". My flatemates have all turned out to be really nice and not too loud but not too quiet and weird. I have met fellow United Kingdomers who were all in the same situation as I and are all really nice as well. I dont think it will just be Americans that I'll keep in touch with after this exchange.

I have a trip to the city this weekend ooooohhhhhh leaving at 10am then leaving NYC at 11pm so I have ages. The city guide I got as a birthday present is going to come in super handy! I also managed to get a trip to Washington DC booked that is a 5 hr bus journey but for $150 it includes all transport and 2 nights accommodation which is really good.

All my classes seem really good as well just the books are a little expensive considering I cant really bring them back but ill try. Its a good time to be studying American Politics with elections soon and congress in deadlock its all really interesting.

Well its off to "stop and shop" to stock up on Ice tea (which is really big here) and anything else I need.

Hope you are well.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Sounds like your having a ball! 'Like Totally Awesome!',

The Photos are good too, post some of yourself and your new mates. x