Tuesday 17 August 2010

Arrival



I have arrived safe and well !!! My phone does not work in the US and so does not get a signal at all which is very unfortunate. Have just been shown my room and unpacked haha its not the greatest and I'm the only one there so far but with a little TLC it will be good. Apparently most people put together money and buy furniture for it. I'm not sharing a bathroom with loads of people as I got my preferred suite style room so only 6 of us :) I forgot to take an Ethernet cable with me so on uni computer just now thanks to kind American who loved my accent.

Flight was great got to see some movies and catch a little sleep. JFK airport was massive although not busy it was huge!!!  The bus journey here was really good we drove by NY city seeing tens of  skyscrapers unlike Dundee which only has one and the empire state building. There are so many massive flags everywhere and other stereotypical things(yellow cabs, big trucks, fat people, limos and loud Americans). The crickets are really noisy as well making it feel like a movie. Its also quite hot but humid which makes it worse a sort of clingy hot.

Got action packed schedule tomorrow beginning 8:00 so 13:00 across the pond. So so so exhausted so just going to bed now.

No comments: